The New CarSeat

7:37 AM Posted In , , , , Edit This 9 Comments »
As I still do not have a baby to show off all over the internet even though I am 8 days past my estimated due date based on last menstrual period and 4 days past my EDD based on conception date, I decided that I would use up my time showing off new baby toys.

Disclaimer: I was not born a carseat whore. (although sometimes looking back at this life as I am about to have my third child, I often dream of the life where I became a shoe and/or purse whore. Perhaps a MAC make-up whore? That, however, is an entirely different post) As I was saying, not born into the life of carseat snobbery. My first child was born almost 13 years ago and at that point manufacturers were still trying to decide what types of bungy cords would best help the car seat to stay down as it flung wildly around with every corner the car took. By the time my second child was born 10 years later, car seat technology had come a long way. Not near as many pool noodles and bungy cords were required to engineer them into staying within the car in a proper position. Around the time my son was born I also became friends with a carseat technician. This helped improve the carseat positioning even more so. I was feeling so much safer putting my baby in the car.

Then, it happened...
She gave me this for my son when he was able to ride facing forward.
show
Did you see it? Did you feel it? Did you sense it? RIGHT THEN, when I became a carseat whore? When I fell orgasmicly in love with straps that would never twist? When I knew that pool noodles, towels, and receiving blankets were not necessary equipment that one must purchase separately to make a carseat function? OMG, I am officially a carseat snob! (I won't even get into our interchangeable covers *Zebra!*)

Lesson for the day, if you ever become close friends with a carseat technician, remain friends throughout all of your childbearing years! This is vital. I do not care if she purposely runs over your dog or accidentally falls asleep while watching your toddler. Get a new dog and hire a babysitter. This might sound harsh, but when someone who is this dedicated to safety while riding in the car finds out you are pregnant again and states that they would like to buy you the carseat for the new baby, this is invaluable! A person who says that they can put no price on safety and to please help them choose what style would fit best in your car and which fabric you like is a person who must stay a close friend until you decide to schedule your hysterectomy.

Therefore, without further ado, meet my new carseat. Again, it would be far cooler if I had a baby to decorate it with. Yet, as my first child was born around 43 weeks and my second at 41, I wasn't holding my breath or anything.
britax-diplomat-taylor

9 comments:

bazanna said...

*blush* love you, dear.

Pamela said...

this is soooo awesome! <3

Stacey said...

My mind is in the car seat gutter with you!

Megan said...

I don't know how to whistle but if I did I would at that shiny new seat. Perty!

Lone Star Ma said...

OOOOoooooohhhh....

chanceofbooks said...

I admired your gorgeous carseat on Friday, and I too wish you had a baby to go in it! But, darn that is a pretty spectacular seat.

And can I say what an awesome friend she is to have? In less than 5 minutes she fixed my carseat positioning that has been plaguing me ever since we switched from rear to forward facing a few weeks ago. She ROCKS. Also, the idea of car seat straps that don't twist? SO JEALOUS. :)

Heart Salve said...

I love Britax. We have the same style as you, but just a different print. I was so jealous when right after we purchased dd's seat they came out with a whole bunch of new fabrics!

bazanna said...

that's why it's always good to have a couple spare covers in reserve for, you know, seasonal or puke-urine-sticky-inspired switchouts. :)

Pamela said...

you know, on etsy and ebay there are people who make fancy covers for these carseats!